Old Presentations of MDSP Course
As Google Code has been shut down, I decided to give one last look on what projects hosted there I had created or participated in since 2010, and to save pieces that might be valuable in the future. The slides of MDSP Intel-Ilab 2009-2010 project seemed promising: they talk about computer architecture, software design etc. That set has been created by mentors of the project of that year.
I kept files in the formats they had on the Google Code share. This might be unwise—I doubt that anything but PDFs will be easily readable in, say, 10 years from now. Microsoft abandons their previous products quite fast. I also found LaTeX sources for those slides I have prepared myself, although I don’t think they are very interesting to look at now. Maybe I will also add them here some day.
Find the links below.
- [2009-10-31] Pipelining
- [2009-11-07] class ByteLine
- [2009-11-09] Branch Prediction
- [2009-11-13] MDSP Assembler (in Russian)
- [2009-11-24] Intro to Cache Memory
- [2010-02-27] Measuring Performance
- [2010-03-06] Virtual Memory
- [2010-03-13] Caches
- [2010-04-18] Dynamic Scheduling
- [2010-09-09] Instruction Set Architecture
- [2010-09-25] SVN Basics (Russian)
- [2010-10-02] Intro to Microprocessors
- [2010-10-16] Pipelining Review and Its limitations
- [2010-10-23] CPU Emulators
- [2011-02-26] Complex Pipelining
- [2011-03-05] Branch Prediction
- [2011-03-12] Multiprocessor Architecture
- [2011-03-19] Advanced Superscalars
- A Multimedia DSP processor design
- Project Intro 2011 (Rus)